Common Dreams At least ten million of the poorest people face food insecurity in 2015 and 2016 due to extreme weather conditions and the onset of El Niño, Oxfam has reported. In Oxfam’s new report called Entering Uncharted Waters, erratic weather patterns were noted including high temperatures and droughts, disrupting farming seasons around the world.
From Oxfam International The combined wealth of the richest 1 percent will overtake that of the other 99 percent of people next year unless the current trend of rising inequality is checked, Oxfam International has warned. Wealth: Having It All and Wanting More, a research paper published today by Oxfam, shows that the richest 1
From Oxfamindia.org *In 2014 the richest 85 people on the planet owned as much as the poorest half of humanity. *The net worth of India’s billionaires is enough to eliminate absolute poverty in the country twice over. *A few Indians have enough money for several lifetimes while millions struggle for 1 sq meal/day Even It